5 Fun Things to Do at SF Comic Con
SF Comic Con: 5 Ways to Have a Great Time
Comic Con is coming to San Francisco September 1-3! There’ll be some amazing celebrity guests from iconic TV shows and films like Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Firefly and more. Exhibitors will be around selling comic books (of course!), games, toys, artwork, and merchandise from different franchises. You can expect there to be cosplayers and comic industry professionals, too. Best of all, it’s a family-friendly convention, so you can make this a whole family affair if everyone wants to get their geek on in SF!
Now, ready for tips on fun things to do at SFCC?
- With an impressive roster of celebrity guests, fans of Doctor Who, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, and more will be excited to hear that you can meet and have photo opportunities with Peter Capaldi (The Doctor), Sean Astin (Samwise Gamgee of LOTR), Nichelle Nichols (Star Trek), Cary Elwes (Wesley of The Princess Bride, Ray Park (Star Wars), Summer Glau (River Tam of Firefly), and others! Note that each meet and greet costs money (cash), but it’s a great way to meet some of your favorite actors and actresses!
- Escape Room! Ever done one of these? You can do an escape room that’s themed Smuggler’s Run: Escape from Planet X, where, “you and your spaced-out crew stole from the wrong group of Space Lords this time. Your ship has taken on massive damage, and you’re way off course. You must repair your ship, navigate home, and escape the Xenons. You have 30 minutes!”
- Can’t decide which visiting celebrity guests you want to meet with? We understand, how can you choose from all of the amazing people! Catch a Q&A instead with Sean Astin on Friday, Summer Glau on Saturday, or Cary Elwes on Sunday.
- What’s better than a local Star Wars fan club combining cosplay with performances and choreography? We’re not quite sure, it’s a hard act to top! Go see the Golden Gate Knights Performance: Saga of the Saber Saturday night at 7:30pm.
- Seeing convention goers cosplay is something lots of people look forward to! If you’ve ever wondered how to put outfits together to be your favorite film, comic, or TV character, there’s a Cosplay 101 workshop happening on Sunday. Veteran cosplayers will be teaching the basics of cosplay along with some tips and tricks!